The box set and everything it includes (aside from the LP itself) have been designed and constructed by Husk Industries (SF). Husk Ind and resident pen wizard Todd White have collaborated with ANCESTORS over the past few years to offer unique merchandise at shows, all of which have been produced with the intent to present goods that graphically complement, and function visually as one with the sound and progressive vision of the band.
From the pen to the press we strive to achieve visually what ANCESTORS has created sonically, by interpreting the energy of the sound and translating it into something tangible. The purity of the process is what separates us, as we have no intent to put out anything that's been tampered: no clip art, no short cuts, no biting, all ink, all brush or pen, and only us, having been built by our hands from start to finish. It's a great honor to have worked with ANCESTORS so far, and we're all really excited to be a part of helping with the release of their new record, Of Sound Mind. Also of note is the album art work that Derek Albeck created for this release; a truly fresh and unique vision. We have been fans of his work for a long time and we're really excited to have him as a part of this collective effort.
Over all the intention is to present a truly unique piece that will be as visually stimulating as it is aurally. And once these are gone, they're gone.
The limited pre-order box set includes (all components are exclusive to the box set -- hand numbered edition of 50):
- Screen printed inside and out LP Kraft mailer w/ art work by Todd White (www.deepslumberlake.com ).
- Ancestors - "Of Sound Mind" LP on limited to 50 Cream / Pink Vinyl
- 12" x 12" Giclée print on 308gsm Hahnemühle German eching paper, featuring the album cover art signed and numbered by artist Derek Albeck. Edition of 50.
- Unique color way shirt w/ art work by Todd White (Deep Slumber Lake) printed on American Apparel.
- 1" Button w/ album cover art.
- Patch w/ art work by Todd White (Deep Slumber Lake)