Curated and organized by Greg Anderson and Sam James Velde with the intent to blur the lines between Metal, Hardcore, Punk and Rock music. To celebrate and encourage the cross over of genres and to dispel the common homogeny that exists within today’s music cultures. An event that honors fans and musicians of ‘heavy music’ of all ages. Tapping into a line up that represents the forefathers, milestones and current touring acts, while shedding light on ‘up and coming’ acts and local acts.
The second annual Power Of The Riff festival (now expanding to San Francisco/Seattle) will take place Saturday, August 13th at the Echo/Echoplex in Echo Park. The lineup features something for everybody, and will likely challenge anybody that thinks they have a full grasp on the current state of heavy music. I can personally say that SOUTHERN LORD's recent roster additions has single-handledly caused me to reconsider my belief that hardcore's best years were in the past. This a festival that will introduce you to new and old bands of the highest quality. There's nothing more you can ask for.
- All Pigs Must Die - Pulverization
- Baptists - Good Parenting
- Eyehategod - Jackass In The Will of God
- Masakari - Trapped In the Mold
- Alpinist - Hak Nam
- Skin Like Iron - Consequences
- Early Graves - Wraiths
- Seven Sisters of Sleep - Sundown
- Pentagram - Call The Man
- Black Breath - Children of the Horn
- Plagues - Breathing
- Harassor - Glory Raped
- Acephalix - Interminable Night
- Black Cobra - Negative Reversal
- Slave - Rise of Shame
- Trap Them - Carnage Incarnate
- Noothgrush - Oil Removed
- Pelican - Strung Up From the Sky
- Winter - Eternal Frost
We have 6 pairs of tickets to give away for the festival. To enter, please send us your full name and a link to your favorite video (live or otherwise) of one of the bands to email@example.com or by contacting us here. We will post a winning video each day starting this Tuesday until we run out of tickets. If the response is good, we'll try to get more.
Seems like there may be some confusion about the contest so here are the rules:
- The contest is open until Sunday, August 7th.
- Starting tomorrow, we will be post one winning video each day for six days.
- We will only select one winner per band.
- Your odds will increase by sending us a link to a great video from one of the lesser-known bands. If you select a popular band (e.g., PELICAN), your competition will almost surely be greater.